Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Our first gifts under the tree ~

Lia and I received our first gifts for under the tree last week! 
Of course we couldn't wait to open them -so we didn't! But its OK, we were aloud to open them - because this year Lia and I participated in a Mommy and Me, Secret Santa Book exchange with some bloggy friends! 


We received our books from Crystal and Mason
Lia received a great book called Santa's Favorite Story  - Santa shares the true story of Christmas with some animal friends he meets in the woods. Santa tells the story of the first Christmas and tells the story of the birth of Jesus - helping his animal friends understand the true meaning of Christmas. Lia loves this story and I think it was ingenious to have Santa as the narrator! 
I received Comfort and Joy by Kristin Hannah. I have yet to start it yet but now that our shopping is finished and wrapping has begun, I will have more time in the coming days.

Lia and I had the pleasure of shopping for 
Jamie and Reese 
Reese just turned 2! Happy Birthday Reese!! 

We had fun with this book exchange and loved "meeting" new friends- it's safe to say we follow a few more blogs and a few more people on Instagram!! 

Thank you Courtney, Jenny and Liz for hosting such a fun exchange! 
Lets do it again!!!


4 comments:

  1. I was so pleased to see you had singed up! And, the book for Lia sounds like a great Christmas story. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I hope you enjoy your book too! I love reading around Christmas time, but for some reason Aria makes that time pretty limited haha.

    Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun that you guys joined us!!! That Christmas Story sounds like a great book for an older kid - I'll have to save that for the future. I hope you enjoy your book too! Now just to find the time to read - these days that seems less and less but I need to get back to it because reading is a fav of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that idea...maybe we could get in next year!!

    Love seeing all your Christmas moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun book exchange! You guys got good ones!

    ReplyDelete

HTML