Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spring Break

As I lay here in bed recovering from major surgery I hear Lia laughing and playing in the other room and it makes this mamas' heart happy! 

She is laughing hysterically saying "nice job dad." I hear the chomping of the hippo game and the phrase "ready set get hungry" over and over. 

Lia has been playing with all of her puzzles and toys and having a blast with them. Her birthday so close to surgery was a blessing. 


She had her first sleepover last night with Oma and Opa so we could catch up on some much needed rest. She did great- she stayed up late (midnight late) I think it was because she was so excited for the sleepover! She came home and crashed this after noon. 

It will be a relaxing / quiet spring break week for us. We hope to have a few warm days to get back outside and get some fresh spring air! 


Although this is how it is looking right now. 


Argh!!!! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I hope you have a very quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally, I had no idea you were having surgery! Praying for your fast recovery.

    I'm glad Lia is having a good week. I love her Super Sweet shirt - how perfect for her! Very cool that she got to have a sleepover with her grandparents, too!

    Tell her to keep being so good so her mama can rest!

    Take care of yourself this week.

    Love,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lady, I hope you are feeling ok and your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is melting!! (I'm sure the snow will be too...soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have an easy recovery from your surgery. What nice timing with new toys to keep her occupied. Those hippos won't feed themselves, gotta help em out!

    ReplyDelete

HTML