Thursday, January 16, 2014

Random thoughts

Random - that is the only way to describe this post!!
There are things I want to get down before we forget. 
Things Lia is doing or saying that we want to remember.
Things that make us laugh or say huh?!
 
So without further ado:
 
1) Lia loves the song Deck the Halls. She sings it every day. From beginning to end and really loud!!
However, here is a line from the song:
" Don we now our gang apparel"
It was:
"Dog we now our game apparel"
Making progress.
 
2) She calls her favorite stuffed toys her "guys". 
 
3) She is having trouble with phrasing her needs and wants. She asks
"Do you want some milk"
instead of
"Can I have some milk"
We are constantly working on this.
 
4) She is in a "big chair" at the big table. 
It's a little booster as our table is high. 
We eat dinner as a family almost every night and she is so happy to be able to sit right next to mommy and daddy in a chair. And she looks so big. 
 
5) She still says Ba-skeb-bee for Spaghetti

6) She gets really frustrated when she can't do something . I think it's the age. 

7) Lia just started playing 
"bed time games" like: 
I have to go potty 
I need water 
I have to go potty again 
I need socks 
My socks are bugging me - off please 
I have to go potty one more time 
I am cold 
I am hot 
I'm not tired .... Etc 
Another age thing - I hope! 

8) She loves playing the Olivia game on her LeapPad "computer" 

9) Lia likes to color with paints and color pencils

10) When we put her to bed at night sometimes she will call us back there and then say 
"Do you wanna rock you?" 
meaning she wants to rock in the rocking chair! It's probably because for so long we asked 
"Do you want me to rock you?"
Sigh.. Still love that she wants to rock and sit with us. 

11) She has at least 6 of her favorite books memorized 
Good night Good night construction site 
If you give a mouse a cookie 
If you give a pig a party 
If you give a moose a muffin 
Goodnight moon
Thank you Thanksgiving  
   
Here are a list of her favorite things: 
(according to Lia when asked these questions one night this week while playing in the bath tub) 
 
Favorite Color - Green
Favorite song - Old McDonald
Favorite pizza- Cheese
Favorite book- If you Give a Moose a Muffin    
Favorite TV show - Team Umizoomie
Favorite thing to do-  paint
Favorite drink- Chocolate milk 
Favorite PJ's - Doc McStuffins PJ's
Favorite breakfast- French fries (still working on the breakfast - lunch- dinner concept !) 
Favorite animal - Cow - MOO!! 
Favorite ice cream- Mint chip 
Favorite book - Chilly Catches a Cold 
Favorite vegtable - carrots 
Favorite fruit - blueberries
Favorite snack - pretzels  
 
And just because no post is complete with out a picture:
This is one of my favs from this past year!
 
  These are the days to remember!!

3 comments:

  1. So adorable! this is a great idea to post some random-ness of things to remember (I never was really good at the baby books and stuff).
    ~Ruth Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts ever. I just love reading all the cute "Lia-isms" and I think it's great that you put all this down in writing so as she grows you never forget the cute things she does and says at this age. She is just precious and I've never seen a child look happier than Lia does in that picture! It's IMPOSSIBLE not to smile just looking at her. :)
    She is such a darling little treasure and I love getting to "know" her through your blog.
    ~ Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day is a day to remember, but yes, these are definitely precious years. However, if you stay in the habit of documenting things like this, you will find there are still little things to document even as they get as old as mine (10 and 11).

    She is adorable! Thank you for sharing her. :)

    ReplyDelete

HTML