Sunday, October 6, 2013

On the mend

It's official - croup is no fun- no fun at all.

Lots and lots of ibuprofen for high temps  
3 Doctor visits 
2 steroid treatments
AND
1 antibiotic later (possible ear infection) 
And 1 week later here we are! 

This is how the week started: 

Lots of movies and rest 


Lots if sleep 

More sleep 


And late in the week an early Christmas gift to help keep Lia busy while staying inside. A new dollhouse complete with a Christmas tree.  

Today got out of the house for a few hours. 
We celebrated with Caitlin. 
Happy 7th Bday Caitlin! 
Lia loved the fresh air at the pumpkin patch, pizza, and cupcakes. 
Today was fun!! 




And then on the way home -


Yep croup was not fun, but the dollhouse and the pumpkin patch to end the week was fun!!
She's on the mend!! 

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I've seen Lia's bed before - It's ADORABLE! And the picture of her cuddling with her daddy is just precious. It's obvious how secure she feels and how very loved she is. I'm so happy for you guys.

    I've been following your blog since I e-mailed with you a little over a year ago when we were choosing our placing agency. We did wind up choosing your agency and soon thereafter (2 days after our first home study meeting) found out we were unexpectedly expecting! We continued with the adoption and were logged in this summer, right after our son was born. We're still waiting for a match, and can't wait to meet our future daughter!

    Just wanted to say thanks again for your help last year and to tell you how much I enjoy your blog, even though I've never commented before. Our blog is AWishAndAPrayer.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

    Glad to hear Lia is feeling better. I'll pray for her and for you when she has her surgery. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to hear from you! Congrats on your unexpected but wonderful little boy! I bet he'll be a good big brother. I am so glad you all reached out we have often wondered how you are. Glad to hear CCAI was your choice. I can't want to follow your blog.
      Ally

      Delete
  2. My little ones seem to get croup every few months :( No fun is right. So glad she is on the mend.
    ~Ruth Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being sick is no fun, but she sure is cute! :) She must be loving that new dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete

HTML