Saturday, August 17, 2013

The first time ever we saw your face....

"The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the end of the skies..."
 
Happy Referral Day...3 years later!!
 
3 years ago today we saw her beautiful face for the first time.
Lia looked so sweet and that hair! Who could resist?
I remember opening that email and barely being able to breathe -
let alone read it and make sense of it all. I was at work when I first saw the email
and Jim was out at a store.
I called his cell about 10 times - he answered- thinking something was really wrong.
I told him we got an email and we have our daughter!
He had to wait until he could get home to our computer to see her.
We sat down later that evening with all the information we had.
We smiled... a lot
we laughed and cried...happy tears
we worried... a little 
and we fell in love!

Something felt right.
She was ours and we were hers!
 
3 years ago on this day, all we had were pictures:
 




And 3 years later- we have a little girl who is
 healthy
 happy
 fun loving
outgoing
determined
smart
beautiful
caring
loving
a pre-schooler
everything we wished for and MORE!!
 





 We love you Lia ~ 

3 comments:

HTML